To mark the end of the five-year incunabula cataloguing project, Ed Potten and Emily Dourish are editing a volume of essays on some of the treasures of the Library’s early printed holdings. 60 distinguished authors have submitted their pieces (see earlier posts on visits from Sir Quentin Blake and Sir David Attenborough) and the task of creating the page layouts is well under way. The final batch of books was taken to the photography studio last week, and some 400 images have been produced in total for the catalogue and other projects. These images will be of immense value in the future, for teaching, research and publicity purposes, and we are very fortunate to have an in-house Digital Content Unitand a very experienced Conservation team to assist with their creation. Continue reading 'New technologies and old; photographing incunabula'»
Posts tagged: photography
- Aldus Manutius (1452? – 6 February 1515) : A humanist printer for humanist readers. Aldine editions at Cambridge University Library
- Art in Books: Lambrecht Hopfer’s Crucifixion (c. 1525–50) in the Opuscula of Saint Bonaventure (1497) – A post by Elizabeth Upper
- Displaying incunabula: a labour of love
- New technologies and old; photographing incunabula
- ’Text and illustration in early books and manuscripts: A comparative study” conference report from Ed Potten and Laura Nuvoloni
- Tim Munby’s donations to Cambridge University Library, a post by Laura Nuvoloni and Liam Sims
- A sixteenth-century Cambridge provenance for a Belgian incunable?
- Sir David Attenborough and the Hortus sanitatis
- Unknown stamp from Augsburg: Query solved.
- A distinguished visitor
TagsArthur William Young Augusto Campana Bible Catalogue CERL Cicero Collation Domizio Calderini Editio Princeps Eggestein Bible Eucharius Silber Felice Feliciano Franciscus de Prato George Friedrich Creuzer Guillaume Maynyal Gutenberg Bible Index Possessorum Incunabulorum Jean Barbier Johann Besicken Johannes Nicolai Veronensis Johann Fust Johann Rudolf von Erlach John Colbatch John Moore Julian Notary Laurentius Canotius Leon Battista Alberti Medicine Parrhasius Paul Needham Peter Schoeffer Pinelli Printer of Mesue Roberto Ridolfi Robertus Valturius Samuel Sandars Sarum Legenda Sarum Missal Savonarola Seripandi Teresa De Robertis Thomas Rotherham William Caxton William Mitchell Wynkyn de Worde